Wednesday, January 30, 2008

NEWS ABOUT THE READATHON

I'm so excited! I'm in the newspaper!

Not the regular newspaper, but the special newspaper they're handing out on the picket lines, called, "Writers: On The Line."

The article from that newspaper is also online at United Hollywood, which is a website for people to know what writers think about the strike. The online article does not have the picture of me that the newsletter has, so my mom will try to put it in here.

I was also in my school newsletter on Friday. They talked about the readathon.

Welcome to my new supporters, Nancy, Jeff and Cherie. Jeff and Cherie have written some books that I am going to read. And Nancy says she is doing her own readathon. I hope Nancy will write and let me know how much money she has raised.

I just started reading a new book. It is good. It is called Fever 1793, and it is about a girl named Maddie who lives in Philadelphia in the year 1793. Suddenly yellow fever sweeps through the town and she is forced to leave with her grandfather. But she soon learns that the disease is everywhere, and she needs to learn to survive in a world gone mad from disease. It'll probably take me 3 days to finish it if I read avidly.

Thank you to all my supporters! I will e-mail when I finish this book.

2 comments:

Elizabeth R said...

Thank you for the picture - and that it shows you with a book!

Eeyore said...

I love seeing your picture--thanks for posting it.

And congrats on the great article. It's just the kind of thing that could encourage others to sponsor you or to do something similar.

Pat