Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MY THIRD BOOK

The third book I have read so far for my readathon is called Backstage Pass by Cheryl Crouch. It is about two girls named Melody and Harmony who are absolute best friends, and then a girl named Trinity moves to L.A. and Harmony starts to spend more time with her than with Melody. Melody gets jealous. Then Trinity and Harmony think of starting a band with all three of them in it, for a music video contest. It ends with them winning, and Melody and Trinity become friends.

It's a very biblical book because the band's name, which is the "Chosen Girls," is derived from John 15:16. I thought it was actually a very good book, although quite short.

Speaking of how short it was, this book was 134 pages. So if you're supporting my readathon, that is $1.34 that you should send to the Writers Guild Foundation or the Actors Fund.

If you add up all the pages I've read so far, it's 700 pages even (566 plus 134). So if you are supporting me at a penny a page, and you haven't sent in any checks yet, you can send in $7.00 even. And if you're supporting me at more than a penny a page, it should be very easy to figure out how much to send in.

Thank you to my new supporter Erin, and to my other supporters who have been there from the beginning. They have already been listed in another post.

I will keep reading until the strike is over.

4 comments:

The Wileyman said...

Way to go! I saw this on your mom's blog. Count me in for a nickel per page.

Eeyore said...

Good for you, Sabrina! I'm sending in a check for $10, even though I'm technically doing the penny a page.

Take care, and I'm glad you are over your cold. I just got over one myself.

Pat

Elizabeth R said...

The Writer's Guild sent me a very nice receipt / thank you letter for my donation. They did mention that it was for your Readathon, but I want to make sure the thanks are passed on to you for being the person responsible for this effort.

Janet said...

Thank you very much to everyone! Please, Wileyman, can you send me your e-mail address so I can get you on my list? Thank you very much. You can send it to strikereadathon@aol.com. Thank you!

--Sabrina