Thursday, January 10, 2008

MY FIRST BOOK DOWN

Yesterday I finished my first book for the Readathon. I read A Swiftly Tilting Planet by Madeleine L'Engle.

This book is a sequel to A Wrinkle in Time and A Wind in the Door. I've read both of them also, but I read them before I thought of the Readathon idea.

A Swiftly Tilting Planet is about a boy named Charles Wallace who is a 16-year-old in this book. He goes on an adventure with the unicorn Gaudior back in time to stop a might-have-been nuclear war. It was a spectacular book.

Getting back to the subject of the Readathon, this book was 256 pages. That means if you pledged a penny per page, you should send $2.56 to the Writers Guild Foundation Industry Support Fund or the Actors Fund. (If you want to wait till I read a little more and send a bigger check, that is fine, too.)

I will only alert you when I finish a book. Next I am reading the sequel to A Swiftly Tilting Planet, which is called Many Waters.

Even though I will probably finish the book over the weekend, I will not be able to post about it immediately, because I am going to Winter Camp with my church group this weekend, and I will not be able to call my mom so she can help me add it to my blog.

Thank you for supporting me, and especially for supporting the people who are out of work because of the strike.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sabrina!

I'm an old friend of your parents. Your mom & I went to college together although I've lived in Atlanta your whole life.

This is such a great idea you have, and I'm happy to pledge a penny per page!

Hope you have a great weekend with your church friends.

With love,
Chris Robinson

Allison said...

Hi Sabrina -- we're signing up for a penny a page -- although I have to admit I was hoping you'd be more of a remedial reader -- at the rate you're reading we're going to be broke! But it's a great idea -- the actor's fund gave us groceries and money when SAG was on strike a few years ago -- it saved us! Happy Reading, Allison Baer (Haynes' wife)