Wednesday, January 9, 2008

WELCOME TO MY READATHON

Lots of people have been affected by the Writers' Strike. Some of them are writers, but some of them are not. I would like to raise money to help those who are not writers, so I am having this Readathon.

Here's how it works. I will read lots of books. I read every day. I will count how many pages I read each day. If you would like to help people who are affected by the strike, you can contributed based on how much I read.

I would like to ask for a penny a page. But feel free to pledge more than a penny a page!

You can e-mail me at StrikeReadathon@aol.com and let me know if you're going to support me. Or you can leave a comment here. Make sure you give me your e-mail address.

When I finish a book, I will let you know what book I read, and how many pages the book was. You can then send a check made out to either The Writers Guild Foundation, or to The Actors Fund. Whichever one you choose, mark "Industry Support Fund" on the check. The Writers Guild Foundation and the Actors Fund are coordinating getting the money to people who need it.

You can mail the check to 7000 W. Third St. / Los Angeles CA 90048.

I am almost done reading my first readathon book already, so hurry up and sign up to help. Thank you.

6 comments:

DirectorGal said...

Sabrina, Good for you! What book are you reading? By the way, Sweetie Pi is my horse. So i'm Sweetie's Mom! Vickie

musicalguy said...

Hey Sabrina,

I am a faithful reader of your mom's blog all the way from Nebraska at the moment. I'm an actor/singer and do a little writing as well. I will be more than happy to support your efforts. Just keep me posted. My e-mail is musicalguy@mac.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

musicalguy said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that my name is Scott Herr.

Janet said...

Thank you very much, Scott. I will add you to my list. And thank you, Vickie! I wish I could meet Sweetie Pi, what a cute name!

--Sabrina

Sarah said...

Brava for you Sabrina! I'm going to track your reading and make my donations on a weekly basis.

I'm also going to go tell some more of my friends about your efforts.

Have fun reading!
--Sarah Beach

DirectorGal said...

Sabrina, You can come see Sweetie Pi anytime you aren't busy reading!! Just ask your mom.

Vickie